What We Believe
- We Believe Jesus is Lord, Son of the living God (John 1:14) who was sent to earth to die and take upon our sins so we may raise to new life (2 Cor. 5:15-21). Salvation is found in no one else (Acts 4:12).
- We Believe the Bible is God’s living Word, inspired by Him, without error, given to us so that we may study and know God’s will for our lives. Our teachings find it’s authority in the timeless truths found only in Scripture (Hebrews 4:12, II Peter 1:20-21).
- We Believe in the Holy Trinity, God existing eternally in three distinct persons, God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19-20, John 1:1-2, 1 Peter 1:2).
- We Believe in one Church, the body of believers in fellowship with the one true God. We believe in the gathering of all believers existing in order to carry out God’s will here on earth (Eph 4:11-16). We claim to be Christians only… not the only Christians.
- We Believe and teach salvation through accumulation of New Testament teachings and examples. We are saved by grace through faith (Eph 2:8). Faith comes from hearing the full story of Christ; believing it, calling on the Lord, and seeking Him (Heb. 11:6). We confess Him as Lord, recognizing our sin (Rom. 10:9-17). Faith in Him will lead us to turn from living for ourselves to living for Him (Acts 2:36-45, 3:19, 20:21). Baptism by immersion in water will complete our new birth (John 3:3-5, Acts 8:12, 36-38, 16:30-34, 22:14, 16, Rom. 6:3-8, I Peter 3:20-22). We grow up into His likeness as we continue to get to know Him (Phil.3:7-14).
Christian Campus Fellowship has deep roots in Rolla. In 1971, First Christian Church acquired a house across from campus at 1208 Pine to use in starting to reach out to university students.
A formal board was organized over the next several months from area supporting churches to begin campus ministry. In 1972, Dr. Roger Thomas was called to serve as the first campus minister of what would come to be known as Christian Campus Fellowship. The ministry began serving students under the name F.O.C.U.S. (Fellowship of Christian University Students).
|1972 – 1977||Dr. Roger Thomas|
|1977 – 1984||Gayle Lucian|
|1984 – 1997||Bob Humphrey|
|1997 – 2014||Allen Schofield|
|2004 – 2007||Andrew Hodges|
|2007 – 2011||Tyler Nobis|
|2011 – 2017||Andy Conklin|
|2010 – Present||Shandi Harris|
|2016 – 2023||Nathanael Coffman|
|2017 – Present||Moriah Ord|
|2017 – 2023||Nicholas Lewis|
|2023- Present||Sam Parker|
History of Residential Housing
One outreach of the ministry of CCF has been to provide student housing. The University granted CCF “approved housing status” which allows students with under 50 credit hours to reside in our facilities. The Christian Campus House is the only off-campus, non-Greek (fraternity or sorority) housing option for underclassmen.
The ministry first began providing housing in the facility at 1208 Pine St. and grew to lease the Carnahan Building at 1310 N Pine (now Sigma Chi fraternity) for additional housing.
In 1977 the board made the move to purchase property at 607 State Street, near the post office docks and behind Denny Ford Dealership. This former church building served CCF for the next 23 years housing 15-19 male students.
In 1999 the property at 607 State Street was purchased from CCF by Denny Ford. This enabled CCF to purchase a large lot just 1 block east of campus at the corner of 12th and Oak to begin construction of a new facility adjoining the existing 5 apartments.
In 2000 the new Christian Campus House was completed at 112 E 12th St. The facility currently has offices and room for 31 residents in the main facility and 10 more in the pre-existing apartments.
In 2011 property was leased a couple of blocks from our men’s facility at 1400 N. Pine for our first ever Women’s Christian Campus House allowing the ministry to house up to 20 female residents.
In 2014 the new additional to the Christian Campus house was completed. The facility currently has offices and room for 64 residents.